Aaaand the transition never ends. In addition to needing some key pieces of furniture, I also had to figure out the whole legality of my residency in a new state. I begrudgingly headed to hell on earth, aka the DMV, to attempt getting a new license, tags and title done in one fell swoop (it took me at least 3 tries in Virginia). Things didn’t look so promising when I arrived at the state offices 20 min early, with a good 15-20 people already in line. Shockingly enough, not only did I actually have all the necessary paperwork (CP, you will need – 1) auto insurance 2) tags 3) state inspection — in that order), but I also made it out with the best non-personalized license plates I could ever get! No, it’s not death car. Behold:
Although, I have another idea up my sleeve having to do with this, so stay tuned.
The first of many wedding-related events took place in North Carolina. Pig roast to celebrate the impending nuptials of big bro, but really a good excuse for the families (ie parents) to meet one another. It was a grand success, but then again, how could people not get along famously when feasting on 110 pounds of pig, hush puppies and jello shots? (not kidding, even my mom did one — she was probably trying to be polite).
Next up on the travel itinerary?That’s right! I have a few more weeks to work on my poker face and learn how to count cards. I will be refraining from using the cliche Las Vegas saying though.
And everything else in a nutshell:
– shopping for a new cross bike, turns out I picked out Gisele’s all on my own! In the meantime, I am borrowing a bike to try CX out.
– CP is moving here!
– I finally bought a couch. Welcome to adulthood.
– got the most epic flat tire 10 mi into an attempted century with an Ironman-in-training. 120psi to flat in a matter of seconds. So we patched the tire with a wrapper found on the side of the road, made it back to the bike shop, where I got some snazzy white-walled tires and Chuck ended up with neon green tires/tape and a squeeky sumo for his aero bars. We still managed to get 75 mi in and I got an Anna’s burrito while watching CD do hill climbs.
– I got an inflatable pool for my backyard. True story.
– meet the cutest dog in the whole world. And yes, that XS BC dog sweater is from yours truly.