April 19, 2010
Marathon Monday = Christmas in April
How to make this week any better? Two words. Bacon. Beer.
Yes, it’s true..
It’s as if this was my own birthday party so thoughtfully planned out by complete strangers. Not on my birthday.
Questions that linger:
– will this hold up to the original baconfest, the one Skybil and I discovered before it was even cool to like bacon?
– how much bacon is too much bacon? Unlike beer, which gives you a pretty good indication on when you should be put in timeout.
– why am I racing at Dartmouth the next day? Not even sure why I’m going at all. If you recall, this was the scene of my most horrific crash to date. (And shockingly, that was NOT the elbow fracture).
– how do I top my outfit from Halloween?
March 6, 2010
Happy birthday, Skybil!
What do you get somebody who can already run for office?
Remember that one conversation where we talked about acceptable presents from people? Happy bday, from all your favorite acceptable presents!
December 8, 2009
Subject: nationalism. this is war
Message: I have started a challenge blog to dpnation. You’re welcome.
December 1, 2009
Auto Response from SPOON10 (4:04:37 PM): I liked that policy the first time I heard it.. from the Kool-Aid man.
skybil: we were just talking about you!!!
dp: OH NO
dp: ABOUT WHAT
m++: i wonder what my gf is donig
skybil: Prolly blogging about Colbert
dp: omg i think i’m in love with stephen
skybil: MT is concerned that you love another
skybil: I told him to send you a bacon basket to win you back
skybil: He asked: Would that work? I mean, DUH!!!
dp: it might have to be the twice a month bacon club
dp: it was a holy experience
dp: it was like ghetto burgers for the soul
skybil: I think that’s the title of your first business how-to guide
September 29, 2009
Back to the dirty dirty to make good on my bet (oh, and go a wedding).
Warning: videos are basically only funny to those who were actually feasting at U-Joint. It was probably the beer.
Important lessons learnt from the wedding weekend:
1. Don’t wait til the last minute to realize that you still need to buy a wedding present.
2. But neverfear, as long as said couple is not on Twitter, you can still receive sound advice:
– @jaredlombard @dpnation See if they registered on theknot.com?
– @Cybil @dpnation Forget finding out where they are registered, bacon always makes a lovely gift.
[for the record, they were indeed found on theknot.com. And they will be receiving a deep fryer shortly]
3. If you are male, deny deny deny:
– @jaredlombard @dpnation I plead the 5th about knowing about theknot.com.
4. Don’t call it a comeback!
– @uvatexn Excited about the ‘triumphant return’ to #ATL of @dpnation
– @Cybil Mentally preparing for Dana’s atl invasion
5. Make sure you check your receipt prior to driving off in the economy lot.
6. Invite friends to brunch, realize they are all on Twitter! (Except for Mrs. @uvatexn)
7. Attempt to combat friend theft.
– @Namski09 @dpnation You ran away from me, now what am I suppose to do. @Cybil is a last resort! 🙂 haha! I can’t wait to hang out @Cybil!!!
8. Escape in the nick of time.
June 19, 2009
A gift from an anonymous source..
(insert caption here)
Leave your caption in the comment section below.
June 4, 2009
For all those doubters out there (ahem, Skybil), here is some photographic proof of my master-dom.
Also, for my Dean’s award (see next post).. I hope this is like the Heisman, where people have to introduce me as ‘Dean Commended D ana P rey’ in all social situations.
What’s next on the path to world domination?